Housing Insecurity & Homelessness

Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
Food Distribution


Addressing Housing Insecurity and Homelessness in Henderson

The City of Henderson responds to homelessness in a variety of ways. Multiple departments work together to respond to both existing challenges regarding homelessness, as well as by working to prevent it. Here are ways the City responds: 

 Regional Collaboration, Research and Advocacy

 Housing Resources

  • Partners with community non-profit organizations to provide rental, mortgage and utility assistance.
  • Offers gap financing for affordable housing developers. Call 702-267-1500 for more information.
  • Partners with non-profit organization to assist low-income homeowners with critical home repairs.
  • Serves on the Southern Nevada Regional Housing Authority board to expand the supply of low-income and affordable housing through collaboration and advocacy with non-profits, developers and governmental agencies at the local, state and federal level. 

Emergency Response & Enforcement Activities

  • Responds to complaints/violations of the Property Maintenance Code, such as litter, trash, etc.
  • Responds to calls for people living in abandoned, substandard buildings or homeless encampments.
  • Enforces trespassing and park rule laws.
  • Emergency response to medical, fire and other safety and health-related issues.

Supportive Services

  • Provides information on social services.
  • Navigates clients to appropriate resources and services.
  • Provides meals, respite, and cooling/inclement weather stations.

How to Get Help

Assistance & Resources

If you or someone you know are experiencing housing insecurity or homelessness, help is available in Henderson. The City of Henderson has partnered with nonprofit agencies to provide housing and other resources for residents. 

Clark County Resource Guide

For assistance 24/7, dial 211. 

If you or someone you know is struggling or in crisis, help is available, call or text 988. 

Henderson Housing Resources

How You Can Help

Report an Issue

You can report homeless concerns and issues through Contact Henderson. Select Code Enforcement as the department and homeless concerns/nuisance activity. Issues of concern include:

  • Safety Concerns
  • Trespassing
  • Nuisance Issues

File an online report (non-emergency only).


For life-threatening emergencies, dial 911. For non-life-threatening emergencies, dial 311.

Responsible Giving

The City of Henderson encourages responsible giving. Rather than providing money or food directly to people experiencing homelessness, we encourage donations and volunteering through organizations established to assist those in need of supportive services. Below is a list of a few organizations within our community:


Donating Food and Clothing

Considering donating food and clothing? Watch the following videos to make sure your efforts help the most people.