The Building and Fire Safety division of the Community Development and Services department issues permits, performs plans check and inspections for conformity to building codes. The Building & Fire Safety staff provides assistance regarding fees, processing requirements, inspection inquiries and general building procedures. The division maintains address records of all building permits and documents by address for public record.
To ensure safe and properly maintained buildings and properties for those who live, learn, work, and play in our community.
Frequently Asked Questions
Connect With Us
We appreciate questions, comments, and any other feedback that will help us serve you better.
Prior to calling, check our Common Questions page which may already have your answer.
Building & Fire Safety also has a number of online resources to assist you:
- Find proper forms and applications for permits
- Find standard design specifications
- Get status or history on existing permits online
- Schedule an inspection
- Use our Permit Fee Estimator
- Estimate how long the permit process will take using our Service Target Estimator
Use the City of Henderson feedback form to contact us online.