The new version of the Henderson Development Code was adopted on January 19, 2010.
The online Development Code is available in PDF format and always includes the most recent updates to the Code. This version is offered to the user because of the printer-friendly feature. Each chapter is available separately in the links below.
Ordering a Hard Copy
A spiral-bound hard copy can also be purchased for $38 or on CD for $1 from the Community Development Department located on the first floor in City Hall.
To place an order, please call 702-267-1500 or submit your request using Contact Henderson. Please allow at least one week for printing.
Please note: A revision to the Code was adopted on November 17, 2020. Click here to see the latest revisions.
- Chapter 19.1 Introductory Provisions
- Chapter 19.2 Residential Zoning Districts
- Chapter 19.3 Nonresidential, Mixed-Use, and Special Purpose
- Chapter 19.4 Overlays
- Chapter 19.5 Use Regulations
- Chapter 19.6 Administration
- Chapter 19.7 Development and Design Standards
- Chapter 19.8 Signs
- Chapter 19.9 Subdivision Design and Improvements
- Chapter 19.10 Nonconformities
- Chapter 19.11 Enforcement
- Chapter 19.12 Measurement and Definitions
- Chapter 19 Appendix A - Summary Table of Allowable Uses
- Chapter 19 Appendix B - Master Transportation Plan Summary
As referenced in the Development Code, the SNRPC Regional Plant List provides recommended plant materials to meet code requirements as well as helpful information for over 600 trees and plants that grow well in our desert environment.
Online Interactive Zoning and Land Use Maps
The City's online interactive zoning and land use map application provide visual reference of the latest current planned land use and zoning designations.
Please contact the Community Development and Services Department staff at 702-267-1500 to purchase hard copy maps, obtain more detailed information, or receive answers to your questions.
Development Code Update
The City is currently in the process of updating the Development Code to ensure alignment with the vision and goals of Henderson Strong Comprehensive Plan, accordance with Federal and State statutes, compliance with current case law, application of best planning and sustainability practices, and to remain responsive to changes since its last update in 2010.
The City aims to craft an updated Development Code that:
- Implements Henderson Strong Comprehensive Plan, including the vision for priority areas;
- Promotes high quality design through effective regulations;
- Provides clear decision-making protocols and streamlines review process, increasing efficiency and predictability;
- Is clear, concise, understandable, and easy to use.
Current Draft Documents
Current draft documents include:
- Use Regulations
- Zoning District Development Standards
- Overlay Districts
- Citywide Standards Pt. 1
- Citywide Standards Pt. 2
- Administration and Enforcement; Interpretations and Definitions
- Boulder Highway Corridor Development Standards
- Code Diagnosis
- Code User Interview Summary
- Annotated Outline
For more information or with specific questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 702-267-1500.