The picnic area adjacent to the Arroyo Grande BMX Track is available to all citizens on a first-come, first served basis unless the area has been reserved through the Sports Office.
Individuals or groups may use the picnic area at no charge or pay to have the area reserved. Picnic reservations take priority over general use. Should a party reserve the picnic area, those who have not paid for a reservation will have to relocate.
Reservation of the picnic area does not include the BMX track. The track cannot be reserved for private parties.
All City of Henderson parks are open to the general public on all federal holiday. No reservations are taken for the observed day.
Use of all City of Henderson parks and trails is subject to HMC 2.27.030.
- Henderson Municipal Code Chapter 2.27 - Parks and Recreation
- Henderson Municipal Code Chapter 8.84 - Noise Control
For a complete list of rules and regulations or for an application for reservation, contact the City of Henderson Sports Office at 702-267-5717 or in person at 298 Arroyo Grande Blvd.
Picnic Area Reservation and Rate Schedule
Reservation Hours: 10am - Dusk
Special Events Permit: Refer to picnic area reservation procedures.
Only patrons with a reservation may bring outside vendors (including inflatables) into park areas.
Alcohol permits are $50 and will not be refunded after permit has been mailed.
- Facility Type: Small picnic area (less than four permanent tables)
- Number of People: Max 25
- Rate per Hour: $10
Prohibited in the Parks
- Fires (permitted in park barbecues only)
- Fireworks and glass containers
- Overnight parking and camping
- Alcoholic beverages, except by special permit
- Inflatables on grass areas May 1-October 1
- Horses, ponies or horseback riding (except at Equestrian Park)
- Trucks, motor vehicles and bicycles on turf or other unauthorized areas
- Climbing on trees, structures or fences
- Staking of tents and other devices
- Motorized scooters
- Jump houses, tents, etc; must be used in authorized areas only
- Live bands