If you are age 60+ and need food assistance, please call 702-267-2950.
Lunch is served in the dining room:
Downtown Senior Center: 11:15am-12:15pm, Monday-Friday
Heritage Park Senior Facility: 11:00am-1:00pm, Monday-Friday
|Ages 60+||Suggested donation of $2.50|
|Ages 59 & under||$5 per meal|
Eligibility: Age 60 and above or underage spouse. You need not be a member of Heritage Park Senior Facility.
- Print and complete the congregate client registration form and drop it off at Heritage Park Senior Facility or send by mail to: City of Henderson Public Works, Parks and Recreation Department, Attn: Black Mountain Senior Nutrition, 240 Water St. P.O. Box 95050 MSC 411, Henderson, NV 89009-5050.
- Sign in at the desk in the dining room. A donation box is available to receive donations.
- Receive a ticket.
- Be seated and your meal will be served. Tickets are an indication that you have signed in and do not represent serving orders.
Meals are delivered to individuals who live in Henderson at home and who are homebound and age 60 or above. The program provides one hot meal each weekday, two frozen meals delivered for the weekend, and two quarts of milk each week.
- Henderson resident
- Age 60 and above
- Have a physical condition that prohibits the preparation of meals and attendance at a congregate meal site
- Contact us by phone at 702-267-2960 or by fax at 702-267-2951 to complete a homebound meals referral form.
- Staff will contact the applicant to arrange a home visit.
- During the home visit, staff will assess the applicant for eligibility.
- Staff will provide other referrals as needed by the client.
What Meals on Wheels Provides
- One hot meal each day Monday through Friday.
- Two frozen meals delivered for weekend meals.
- Milk is available for the meals.
Menus and Resources
Pets are loyal companions and help to reduce the loneliness and isolation that homebound seniors may feel. To help ensure more than 350 homebound seniors and their pets have access to nutritious meals every day, the City of Henderson has expanded the scope of its Meals on Wheels service to include the delivery of pet food.
Food is needed for 140 pets, ranging from dogs and cats to birds and fish. The project is supported entirely by the generosity of community sponsors. Want to get on board and help transform lives in your community? Give us a call at 702-267-2950.
The USDA commodity food program assists low income seniors with food. It provides groceries that may include items such as beans, cheese, pasta or rice, canned fruit and vegetables, dry or evaporated milk, peanut butter, cereals, juices, and tuna or canned meat.
Call Senior Services at 702-267-2956 for an application and eligibility requirements.
The following paperwork is required to complete the application:
- Picture ID – Nevada driver’s license or ID
- Proof of residence (copy of utility, electric or gas bill)
- Proof of income, such as a copy of a Social Security award letter or a copy of a recent bank statement
USDA Farmers’ Market coupons may be available each spring to assist low income seniors with fresh fruits and vegetables. Participants must be able to prove Nevada residency with a state-issued ID.
Call 702-267-2956 for eligibility and information.