Picnic areas (with a few exceptions) are available to all citizens on a first-come, first-served basis unless the area has been reserved through our reservation system. Individuals or groups may pay to reserve a specific picnic area. All reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance of the event. Henderson-based companies and residents may reserve picnic areas up to 180 days prior to the event. Those who wish to use the park are not required to pay for a reservation. However, should a party reserve that particular park area, those who have not paid for a reservation will have to relocate.
All City of Henderson parks are open to the general public on all federal holidays. No reservations are taken for the observed day.
Use of all City of Henderson parks and trails is subject to HMC 2.27.
- Henderson Municipal Code Chapter 2.27 - Parks and Recreation
- Henderson Municipal Code Chapter 8.84 - Noise Control
For a complete list of rules and regulations or for an application for reservation, contact the City of Henderson Parks and Recreation Department at 702-267-5707 or email COHParksReservations@cityofhenderson.com.
Special Events Permit: Refer to picnic area reservation procedures.
Only patrons with a reservation may bring outside vendors (including inflatables) into park areas.
Splash pads are available 9:00am-8:00pm, May 1-September 30, but may not be reserved.
Alcohol permits are $50 and will not be refunded after permit has been mailed.
You can also reserve online by logging into your Henderson account and selecting Park and Court Reservations. From there you can check our calendar to see what areas are available and book a 2- hour rental. If you’re interested in having an event, be sure to contact Outdoor Recreation at COHParksReservations@cityofhenderson.com to discuss park options and event details.
Resident rates are listed. Non-residents add 15%.
Please call 702-267-5707 for information on commercial rentals.
|Facility Type||Rate per Hour|
|Small grassy area*
(1,000 sq. ft.)
|Medium grassy area*
(1,001-4,999 sq. ft.)
|Large grassy area*
(5,000+ sq. ft.)
|Cornerstone Park warming kitchen||$35|
|Whitney Mesa Recreation Area archery area||$10|
*Grass area can only be rented with a picnic area
|Whitney Mesa Recreation Area Armijo's Camp||Rate per Day, per Person|
*8-hour maximum between the hours of 6am and midnight
Small Picnic Area
Maximum 25 people
$10 per hour
- Amador Vista Park
- Avellino Park
- Burkholder Park
- Cinnamon Ridge Park
- Desert Pulse Park
- Dos Escuelas Park
- Downtown Park
- Esselmont Park
- Green Valley Park
- Hayley Hendricks Park
- Horizon Crest Park
- Mission Hills Park
- Mountain Lake Park
- Mountain View Park
- Puccini Park
- Stephanie Lynn Craig Park
- Sunridge Park
- Trail Canyon Park
- Tuscany Park
- Weston Hills Park
Medium Picnic Area
Maximum 75 people
$20 per hour
- Cactus Wren Park
- Equestrian Park North
- Equestrian Park South
- Foxridge Park
- Heritage Park
- Hidden Falls Park
- McCullough Vista Park
- Paradise Pointe Park
- Paseo Vista Park
- Pecos Legacy Park
- Reunion Trails Park
- River Mountain Park
- Silver Springs Park
- Vivaldi Park
- Wells Park
- Whitney Mesa Park
Large Picnic Area
1-150 people: $35 per hour
151-450 people: $65 per hour
400+ people: $90 per hour
- Fires (permitted in park barbecues only)
- Fireworks and glass containers
- Overnight parking and camping
- Alcoholic beverages, except by special permit (see HMC 2.27 for complete details)
- Inflatables on grass areas May 1-October 1
- Horses, ponies or horseback riding except at Equestrian Park, other than as approved and documented support animals.
- Trucks, motor vehicles and bicycles on turf or other unauthorized areas
- Climbing on trees, structures or fences
- Staking of tents and other devices
- Only authorized motorized vehicles and electric personal assistive mobility devices are allowed at any time in any park, on any trail or non-designated motor vehicle areas.
- Jump houses, tents, etc; must be used in authorized areas only
- Live bands
• Unmanned aircraft (an aircraft operated without the possibility of human intervention from within or on the aircraft, not limited to devices commonly referred to as drones, remote controlled aircraft and model aircraft) may only be operated in designated parks, as posted, during normal hours of operation and in accordance with all applicable Nevada, city and federal laws and regulations.
• Individuals may operate unmanned aircraft (following all applicable rules) only at Amador Vista Park, Cornerstone Park, Equestrian Park South, Hidden Falls Park, and Mission Hills Park.
• Any and all commercial use, events and groups of 10 or more people require a special permit through the City's Parks and Recreation Department.
- The water feature is not intended for recreational use.
- The use of boats or canoes, including radio-controlled models in any water feature at Cornerstone Park are prohibited. This prohibition includes, but is not limited to, kayaking, canoeing, fishing and other recreational uses.
- Dispensing, distributing or otherwise feeding any bird, fowl or other animal, or throwing or placing on the ground any bread, breadcrumbs, seed, bird food, popcorn or other food is strictly prohibited.