Financial Assistance

Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The City of Henderson Financial Assistance Program offers support to Henderson residents for parks and recreation programs and provides residents the opportunity to participate in more programs through a subsidy percentage. The Financial Assistance Program is only available to Henderson residents who meet the current guidelines of the State of Nevada Child Care & Development Program.

The City of Henderson offers financial assistance to qualifying Henderson residents for parks and recreation programs including:
• Aquatics Memberships 
• Fitness Memberships 
• Preschool
• Classes
• Out-of-School Programs
• Youth Sports Programs

Assistance for Out-of-School Care

To be considered for financial assistance for City of Henderson out-of-school care programs for children under the age of 13; such as Safekey, Teen Scene, Battle Born Kids, etc., patrons must first seek assistance from other funding sources including Las Vegas Urban League, Inter-Tribal Council of Nevada or Desert Regional Center. The child care certificate, wait list letter or denial letter from these organizations must be included with the application.

How To Apply/Disbursement

Applying for assistance is easy. Simply complete the online application including supporting documentation. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Allow 14 calendar days to receive a status of your application. If approved, a staff member will contact you with the award amount.  

Financial Assistance FAQs

The financial assistance award is added to a FunCard to pay for program fees. The participant is required to pay any remaining balance of the program fee at the time of enrollment if funds on the FunCard are depleted. 

Application Instructions

New applicants can apply by completing the online application including supporting documentation. Prior to starting the application, gather the required documentation and save it to your computer. You will need to attach these documents to your application. Refer to the Financial Assistance FAQs for a list of required documents. 

Program Registration

Financial assistance recipients can register for programs through the city’s online registration program ( or at any recreation facility. Patrons using Urban League, respite or other Child Care Development Fund assistance must register in person at the City Hall Annex, 280 S. Water St. (adjacent to City Hall). 

Other Accepted Assistance

Refer to Financial Assistance FAQ page for more information.


For more information, or assistance with applying, please contact Parks and Recreation Administrative Office at 702-267-4AID (4243) or email