Special Events/Permit Applications

Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

special events collagePermits are required for various events conducted in the city of Henderson. The permitting process was created to ensure the Police Department is aware of various events occurring in the city, and provide ample opportunity to assess the impact of such events on public safety. The permitting process has been revised to make it easier for applicants to obtain information and apply for the required permits.

The City of Henderson Police Department Filming Permit was created in order to allow and assist filming of motion pictures, television productions and commercials in the City, while protecting the safety, property and convenience of the City's residents, businesses and visitors. The process is easy and we are here to assist in ensuring the filming project is completed and the public is protected.

The Special Events and Permitting Section of the Henderson Police Department can be reached by calling 702-267-5015. Please contact the Special Events Unit office with any questions. 

Please click on the Contact Henderson link to get your permit applications started. Follow the link to Permits: Special Events - and then select the appropriate permit application type to get started. Note: Some permit applications may require additional attachments (e.g. maps, waivers, etc.) to the Contact Henderson request. The following are links for those application packet attachments. 

The City of Henderson Police Department provides contracted labor for Police Officers if a private event requires additional security and/or traffic control. Please click on the link below to start your Police Officer Labor Request. 

The City of Henderson Police Department in accordance to local and federal law requires a Drone Waiver be completed if flight is near critical infrastructure. Please click on the following link below to start your Drone Waiver. 

If you are having any issues with links and/or need assistance with the permit application process, please contact the Special Events Unit at 702-267-5015. 

Frequently Asked Questions

Expand/Contract Questions and Answers

  • How do I apply to have a parade that our school wants to sponsor?

  • How do I get additional information on obtaining barricade permits and plans?

  • I want to have a block party in my neighborhood, do I need a permit?

  • I made a park reservation through Parks & Recreation for a large party. Do I need any other permits from the police department?

  • We are having a large event that will involve joggers and bicyclist on the roadways in a race, do we need a permit?

  • My production company is going to be taking photographs and video in the city for a prominent magazine. Do we have to obtain any special permits for this?

  • Our event is going to require police officers for security and traffic control. How do I contract with the police department to provide them?

  • I am a licensed charitable organization, do I still need a permit for sidewalk and median solicitations?

  • I started my permit application through Contact Henderson, can I submit my application packet as an electronic attachment as well?

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer