The Community Relations Bureau offers a variety of programs, services and classes to Henderson residents and businesses. If you would like to schedule a program with the Community Relations Bureau, please submit a request online.
Youth Related Programs / Services
- D.R.E.A.M. teaches 5th grade students to make positive choices. The program is presented every year at 25 Henderson public elementary schools.
- Every 15 Minutes shows high school juniors and seniors the dangers of driving while impaired and the importance of good decisions. The program is presented once every two years at eight Henderson public high schools.
- "Officer Friendly" Visits teaches general safety and the dangers of strangers and guns to Pre-K and Kindergarten students.
- PAL - Henderson Police Athletic League supports and inspires Henderson youth to realize their full potential as productive members of society by mentoring through athletics.
- No More Bullying demonstrates anti-bullying techniques, and reinforces the principles of kindness and mutual respect.
- Stranger Danger teaches tips to children regarding strangers and general safety.
- Henderson Community Expo is held annually in October showcasing services and products for crime prevention, life safety and health. This event is held in lieu of National Night Out.
- Personal Safety and Security for Seniors helps seniors learn how to avoid becoming victims of crimes and gives some practical methods for increasing crime prevention awareness.
- Personal Safety and Security for Women provides the women of our community with safety tips and methods to avoid becoming the victim of a crime.
Residential Related Programs / Services
- Crime Free Multi-Housing works with individual apartment complex managers to address crime-related problems.
- Neighborhood Watch works with neighborhood groups to encourage individual citizen awareness and involvement in crime prevention strategies.
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design surveys homes inside and out, and recommends improvements that will reduce the likelihood of crime.
- Introduction to Neighborhood Watch highlights why and how to participate in the Henderson Police Department's Neighborhood Watch Program.
- Neighborhood Watch Formation for those that have completed the requirements for the Neighborhood Watch Program, an officer will speak to your group to help get things started.
- Home Security for residents not active in our Neighborhood Watch Program, to learn ways to help protect their home.
Business Related Programs / Services
- Summons Program trains local business personnel in the issuing of misdemeanor court summons for trespassers and shoplifters.
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design reduces crime for commercial properties through the proper design and use of the built environment around the business.
- Alcohol Compliance Checks monitors the compliance of liquor-selling establishments to prevent the illegal sale of alcohol beverages to minors.
- Preventing Theft/Shoplifting provides tips for business-friendly security for your goods and services.
For more information, contact the Community Relations Bureau at 702-267-5100.