City of Henderson Municipal Code Chapter 2.100 – Registration and Regulation of Lobbyists, requires lobbyists to register annually with the City Clerk. In addition, lobbyist are required to disclose all communication with City Council, Planning Commission and City staff. Please see the highlighted column to the right, for the applicable forms and associated instructions.
- The City Clerk will issue an identification badge to each lobbyist upon filing a registration form.
- The identification badge must be worn while engaging in lobbying.
General Definition of a Lobbyist
The term “Lobbyist” means a person who:
- Appears in city hall including the city council chambers or any other building in which the city council or the planning commission, or any of their standing committees, hold meetings or any other location an appointment to meet has been set; and
- Communicates directly with a member of the city council, the planning commission and/or city staff on behalf of an individual, group or entity and will lobby for their interests or benefit to influence staff, legislative or council action; and
- Receives a salary from an employer or compensation from that individual, group or entity and will lobby for their interests or benefit to influence legislative action or decisions made by city staff, the city council or the planning commission.
Lobbyists are required to disclose all clients being represented, regardless if compensation is received.
For the complete definition, please review City Ordinance No. 3057.
Cooling Off Period
In accordance with Henderson Municipal Code chapters 2.40 – Ethical Standards for Public Servants and 2.100 – Registration and Regulation of Lobbyists; a public appointee shall not act as a lobbyist before the city council, planning commission, or agency or department during my appointed term or 12 months following my service.
All forms are now managed through the digital transaction system, DocuSign; and are available through the hyperlinks below.
Lobbyist Registration Form
The annual Lobbyist Registration Form must be completed once per calendar year prior to your first communication with City Council, Planning Commission, and/or City staff.
City Council and Planning Commission Communication Lobbyist Disclosure Form
The City Council and Planning Commission Communication Lobbyist Disclosure Form must be completed within five working days of a lobbyist’s communication with City Council or the Planning Commission for each individual contact and communication item.
City Staff Communication Lobbyist Disclosure Form
The City Staff Communication Lobbyist Disclosure Form must be completed within five working days of the end of every month of a lobbyist’s communication with City staff.