Grievance Policy and Procedures

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The City of Henderson is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities are able to take part in, and benefit from the programs, services and activities offered by the city. Every reasonable effort will be made to address and resolve access requests and grievances.

This Grievance Procedure has been established to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. It may be used by anyone who wishes to file a complaint alleging discrimination on the basis of disability in the provision of services, activities, programs or benefits by the City of Henderson.

Grievance Form

The Grievance Form should be completed and submitted as soon as possible but no later than 60 calendar days after the alleged violation to:

Adrian Stephens, ADA Coordinator
City of Henderson
Finance Department, Business Operations
240 Water Street
PO Box 95050
Henderson, Nevada 89009

TTY: 7-1-1

Complaint Submittal and Response

The complaint may also be submitted in writing and contain information about the alleged discrimination such as name, address, phone number of complainant and location, date and description of the problem. Alternative means of filing complaints and format will be made available upon request.

Within 15 calendar days of receipt of the complaint, the ADA Coordinator or designee will contact the complainant to discuss the complaint and possible resolution.

Within 15 calendar days after contacting complainant, the ADA Coordinator or designee will respond in writing, and where appropriate, in a format accessible to the complainant, with a final resolution of the complaint.

If the final resolution does not satisfactorily resolve the issue, the complainant or designee may appeal the decision within 15 calendar days after receipt of the response to the Finance Director or designee.

All written complaints received by the ADA Coordinator or designee, appeals and responses will be retained by the City of Henderson for a least three (3) years.

File a Grievance with a Federal Agency

Individuals may also file a grievance directly to the appropriate Federal agency using this contact:

U.S. Department of Justice
Civil Rights Division
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Disability Rights Section – NYAV
Washington, D.C. 20530
800-514-0301 (voice)
800-514-0383 (TTY)

File a Grievance Regarding a Housing Programs Action

Individuals may file a grievance regarding a Housing Programs action directly to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development using this contact:

U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
One Sansome Street, Suite 1200
San Francisco, CA 94104
800-347-3739 (voice)
415-489-6564 (TDD)

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer