The City of Henderson Development Services Center has an Expedited Plan Review program for providing expedited plan review services without adversely impacting normal plan review activities. This Expedited Plan Review program is intended to provide an expedited service delivery level to meet our customer needs, which may be driven by financial commitments and time constraints. It is limited to building permits, civil permits, traffic studies, and hydrology studies.
Eligible Permit Types: Building Permits and Public Works Permits
New residential or commercial building permit applications, except for the following:
- Any building or portion thereof classified as a Hazardous Occupancy (H-1, H-2, H-3, H-4 or H-5).
- Any project that already satisfies the criteria of the Development Services Center to be “walked-through”
Public Works Permits
Only civil plans, traffic studies, and hydrology studies are eligible for expedited plan reviews.
- Expedited plan review fees are four (4) times the normal plan review fee. This fee will replace the regular plan review fee.
- Availability of any portion of this program may be restricted due to work volume or staffing.
How to Apply
Applications for expedited plan review require a signed Expedited Plan Review Request Form submitted to the Development Services Center (DSC) Coordinator. Receipt of the Expedited Plan Review Request Form does not indicate approval for expedited plan review until notified by the DSC Coordinator or designated staff that the request has been approved.
Once the request is received by the DSC Coordinator, a preliminary meeting will be scheduled with the project contact(s) to discuss the request. At the conclusion of the meeting, the project contact will be notified of the time frames for review, the costs of expedited plan review and what will be required in terms of completeness of construction documents.
Fifty percent (50%) of the entire expedited plan review fee will be due at the time of permit submittal. The remainder of the fees will be due at the time of permit issuance. In the event that the target date for the initial expedited plan review as determined in the preliminary meeting is not met by the City, the remainder of the expedited plan review fee will not be collected.
- Entitlements, Traffic, Hydraulic Analysis and Drainage must be complete before being approved for expedited plan review of Civil Plan Permits.
- Turnaround time is 4 full working days for initial plan reviews as well as all subsequent plan reviews. Working days are Monday through Thursday excluding holidays. The date of submittal or resubmittal is not included in the estimated turnaround time for plan review.
Building & Fire Safety
- All applicable land use approvals must have been granted prior to application.
- The Building Permit application and plans must conform to all applicable land use ordinances and codes and all specific Conditions of Approval. It will not be accepted until the expiration date of any required appeal period.
- All required public “right-of-way” civil drawings/plans, drainage studies, traffic studies, development agreements, and maintenance agreements, etc., as required by the Public Works must already be approved for the project prior to application.
- Fire and Life Safety Reports, if applicable, must be in substantial completion prior to application and be approved prior to permit issuance
- Code Modifications and Alternative Methods & Materials, if applicable, must be approved prior to permit issuance.
- Building Plan revisions may be accepted, if approved by a Building Plans Examination Supervisor or Manager.
- Excluding large or complex projects as determined by the DSC during the preliminary meeting, turnaround time is 4 full working days for initial plan reviews as well as all subsequent plan reviews. Working days are Monday through Thursday excluding holidays. The date of submittal or resubmittal is not included in the estimated turnaround time for plan review. Large projects turnaround times for expedited plan reviews will be decided at time of application.
Download the Expedited Review Application, fill it out and send it electronically to Christopher Barnes, the DSC Coordinator, at email@example.com. Please make sure to also included a completed permit application or submittal form and information on the scope of your project.