City Hall Annex
280 Water St.
Henderson, NV 89015
Therapeutic Recreation Supervisor
Monday - Thursday
Participation in Our Programs – It's Your Choice
Whether in a Therapeutic Recreation program or in inclusive recreation settings with those who do not have disabilities, we'll find a way for you to get the most out of every leisure activity. We believe that involvement in leisure experiences is important to the quality of life for all individuals.
Assistance Selecting a Program
If you need assistance in making recreation and leisure choices or exploring new and different possibilities, a leisure interest assessment may be appropriate. Our staff will identify an individual's needs, strengths and interests through a leisure interest assessment that will help in pinpointing programs that match the individual's abilities and interests.
The Inclusion Process
Some individuals with disabilities prefer to participate in the traditional recreation programs we offer. To include those with disabilities, Therapeutic Recreation and Inclusion Services provides support in the form of adaptive equipment, program modification, additional staff training, support staff, and other services to facilitate inclusion. Our staff will assist in determining the most effective means of inclusion support for individuals to participate in any program.
How to Get Included
- Register for the recreation program of your choice and check the box when registering that states "Supporting the Americans with Disabilities Act, does this patron require assistance?"
- Contact the Recreation Services supervisor at least two weeks before the start date to discuss the details or features of the program.
- The Recreation Services supervisor contacts Therapeutic Recreation & Inclusion Services (if necessary) to discuss the type of support needed to accommodate you or your family member.
- Therapeutic Recreation & Inclusion Services works cooperatively with the family to determine which accommodations will best support the individual.
- You or your family member start the program with inclusion support(s) in place.
- Our staff members periodically observe the program to provide assistance and answer any questions.
- Communication between Therapeutic Recreation & Inclusion Services staff, Recreation staff and the individual and/or family is maintained continuously throughout the cooperative inclusion process.
Personal Care Assistance
We encourage individuals with disabilities to participate in its programs. However, those needing personal assistance with toileting, feeding or dressing must make personal arrangements for this assistance.
Financial assistance may be available for qualified individuals and programs.