It is our policy to provide an opportunity for as many people as possible to enjoy our parks and recreation opportunities. Therefore, the City of Henderson Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to cancel, postpone or combine classes, events or programs or change instructors in order to provide the best service possible. In the event the department cancels a class, event or program for any reason, a full refund will be issued.
- Schedule is subject to change or cancelation without notice. Management reserves all rights.
- Refunds may take approximately 3-4 weeks to be processed.
- No refunds will be given if it is after the second class or program's scheduled meeting date.
- Refunds will not be issued in the case of disciplinary actions, including suspension or trespass.
- No refunds or prorating will be offered for classes missed by a participant for any reason other than documented medical issues/family emergencies.
- No refunds or transfers are offered for the following: FunCards, Excursions, youth program deposits, Memberships, Safekey/Teen Scene.
- Refund requests may be made in person at any recreation center, by email to email@example.com, or by phone to any recreation center.
- Patron refund requests are granted if requested at least seven days prior to the program, class or event start date with no fee. This does not include any class or program that costs less than $5.
- Refunds requested less than seven days prior to the program, class or event start date are granted less a $5 administrative charge per class, event or program.
Additional Refund Policies
Additional refund policies apply to the below.
Cool Pool Parties
Refunds may be granted if a cancellation is received at least seven days prior to the program, class or event, less a $5 administrative charge.
Since youth sports leagues are often complex to organize, refund requests must be submitted in writing to COHYouthLeague@cityofhenderson.com at least seven days before the start of games. Please include your child’s first and last name and league enrollment information (e.g., age division).
A $5 administrative fee per participant will apply. No refunds requests will be granted once the games begin.
Facility Rentals, Park Reservations/Rentals, Pool Rentals
Refunds may be granted if a cancellation notice is received at least two calendar weeks prior to the reservation date. Cancellations due to weather or unavoidable circumstances result in rescheduling. If rescheduling is not possible, a full refund is issued.
Aquatics Inclement Weather Policy
If pools are closed due to inclement weather, return passes may be issued, if applicable, as long as the closure is not less than three hours prior to the pool's normal closing time. To receive a return pass, present your admission receipt at the ticket booth or front desk. Return passes are not issued without a receipt. Aquatic classes issue prorated refunds if classes are unable to be conducted due to inclement weather. No refunds are issued if a makeup class is offered.
Battle Born Kids/Teens
Full refunds for cancelations 48 hours prior to the start date of the week or drop-in day registered to attend. Deposits are non-refundable.